BEST INJURY LAWYER IN CHARLOTTE
Coping with serious injuries or the death of a loved one because of the negligent acts of another can be frustrating, frightening, and often life-changing. Not only are you experiencing physical and emotional pain, but you are probably worried about financial matters such as medical bills and your lost wages and income due to the loss of your ability to earn a living. In times like this, you need someone by your side every step of the way to help you understand what your legal rights are for pursuing a claim, how the personal injury litigation process works, and whether you should hire a Charlotte personal injury lawyer to represent you.
At Schwaba law firm, our role is to determine whether you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to the negligence of another person, company, or government agency. If so, we will work diligently to pursue the compensation you deserve. You can count on us to:
- Investigate your Case
- Consultation With Experts
- File Your Claim
- Seek a Timely Settlement & Fair Compensation
- Explore All Other Options for You.
Our legal team has also the ability to pursue all options for you, which may include filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits or Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits.
SERIOUS ACCIDENTS MANAGED BY OUR PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS IN CHARLOTTE
- Crime Victims– Victims of assault and battery, sexual abuse, or people who were injured due to negligence, can sue those who inflicted their injuries, or those who, by way of negligence, allowed them to come to harm.
- Vehicle Accidents– An experienced car accident lawyer in Charlotte can assist you in a variety of ways after a crash. Our seasoned lawyers will thoroughly investigating your crash, review any evidence you have collected and attempt to dealing with the insurance company and making sure you are fairly compensated.
- Healthcare Malpractice– When health care professionals make mistakes or are just plain reckless, you may have a medical malpractice claim. A personal injury attorney can help you try to hold them accountable for the damage they do to you.
- Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect– Nursing home residents rely on their caregivers. When they’re harmed by those caregivers, intentionally or through neglect, they and their families should report the situation immediately, and consult a personal injury attorney.
- Wrongful Death– If a family member dies as a result of someone else’s action – or in some cases, inaction – you may have grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit.
This is not an exhaustive list. There are many more types of “accidents” that can cause an injury to you. People suffer injuries on planes, boats, cruise ships, trains, and at amusement and water parks. Different causes of personal injuries can be governed by a different set of personal injury laws in North Carolina. We strongly recommend that you consult an experienced personal injury attorney who can guide the process to try to recover the compensation you may deserve.
How long do I have to file a personal injury case?
The time you have to make a claim and file a personal injury case varies from state to state. You need to check your state laws to know how much time you may have. Some states have up to four years to file personal injury lawsuits and up to 5 years for vehicular damage. Whichever state you are currently residing in, bear in mind that these types of cases have limited time, thus, we recommend you call an attorney to discuss your rights.
What types of compensation can I get after a tractor-trailer accident?
For a tractor-trailer accident, damages may include both economic and non-economic compensation. Economic compensation refers to financial loss and includes:
- Medical Expenses or Medical Care
- Rehabilitation Services. Custodial Care
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Future Earnings
- Loss of Use of Property
- Costs of Repair
- Costs of Hiring In-Home Services
- Burial Costs.
Non-economic compensation relates to:
- Pain and Suffering
- Inconvenience Physical Impairment or Disfigurement
- Mental Anguish and Emotional Distress
- Loss of Consortium
- Injury to Reputation
What happens if the other driver is uninsured?
If you have been involved in a collision with an uninsured motorist, you may be responsible, you may be able to receive compensation from your insurance company if you have Uninsured Motorist coverage on your policy. If your automobile policy includes uninsured motorist coverage, your insurance company may request information related to your collision, your injuries, and your prior medical conditions. We recommend speaking to an attorney to navigate issues that arise when an uninsured motorist caused your collision.
What can I do to protect myself after an accident with a big truck or tractor-trailer?
Big trucks or tractor-trailer accidents are very complicated cases. Whether you are severely injured or not, it is best for you to immediately call an experienced attorney who handles cases like these to protect yourself. Most truck companies are ready for cases like this and will immediately take action, so for your protection, we recommend contacting an attorney to discuss your rights, your options and prosecute a claim on your behalf. For a legal consultation, call us.
What should I do at the scene of a truck accident?
If you are able, immediately stop your vehicle and determine if you have been injured. If possible and necessary, call 911 and request medical assistance and a police investigation. If you are able to do so safely, and have a camera available, take photographs of the scene of the collision, including each vehicle in the roadway, and the damage to the vehicles. Once your medical situation has stabilized, contact your insurance company. If you have any questions about your legal rights, feel free to contact us at the contact information below.
WHAT KINDS OF COMPENSATION MIGHT YOU RECEIVE IN CHARLOTTE?
Typically, compensation for personal injuries comes in the following forms:
- Medical Expenditures: Whoever hurt you should be responsible for paying for the treatment you require, whether it is short or long term.
- Property damage reimbursement: The other party needs to repair or pay the fair market value of the property that was damaged or broken.
- Pain and suffering: While it is difficult to quantify, you may deserve something in return for the physical pain and emotional stress caused by an injury. When you’re hurt, you’re in discomfort not just because of the injuries and pain, but the stress and inconvenience it has caused to your life.
- Lost wages: If your injury causes you to lose income, you may seek compensation for that loss.
The goal of a personal injury claim in Charlotte is to fairly compensate you for the injuries you’ve received, the bills you’ve incurred as a result, and your pain and suffering. It wasn’t your fault you were injured. Why should you be stuck with medical bills, lost wages, and daily pain and discomfort?
WE MAINTAIN RELATIONSHIPS WITH INSURANCE ADJUSTERS
Your personal injury claim will be reviewed by an insurance adjuster, and your personal injury lawyer will regularly communicate with him or her in attempts to negotiate a favorable settlement. We leverage our positive relationships with insurance adjusters and our reputation for not recommending unfair settlements to help move your case along and ensure fair compensation. However, when insurance companies do not offer fair compensation, we will explain and recommend filing a lawsuit. We will of course always follow our injured client’s instructions on settlement.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS IN CHARLOTTE
As a general rule, and there are many exceptions, under North Carolina’s statute of limitations you have three years to file a lawsuit for damages following an accident, but there are numerous exceptions to this rule.
For instance, if the accident resulted in fatalities, you may only have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Also, if the injury was caused by a defective product, such as a car or piece of equipment, the statute of repose may greatly reduce the amount of time you have to bring a legal claim. There are different rules if the victims are minors or if there is a government entity involved in the case.
SEE HOW OUR PROCESS WORKS
You can find out if you qualify immediately.
Our specialists will walk you through your case and collect all the right information to win your case.
Our specialized attorneys will handle every step of your case from start to finish. You don’t pay until we win.
See Our Results
Civil Rights Action
IMPORTANCE OF A CHARLOTTE INJURY LAWYER
We understand medical bills alone can put a major strain on your savings, not to mention paychecks you might be missing as you recuperate. Should the other party offer a settlement, an injury lawyer with our office can also provide guidance as to whether you should settle or take your case to trial.
When you are preparing to go up against an insurance company, meet with our team for a free case review to learn about what legal options are available for your particular situation.