If you have been involved in a car accident, the smartest move is to hire a car accident lawyer. It is important to have a lawyer after the accident so that you and the investigation will be taken care of. You are confident that someone is handling the legal matters; it will reduce your stress and may grant peace of mind for you and your family.
Here are the things you should do if you got into a car accident and are not badly injured:
- Call 911. Make sure to report if someone is badly injured so that a medical team will be on its way.
- Contact your lawyer and tell them what happened.
- Try to remember the time it happened, get eyewitnesses, and take photos.
- Only provide your name, driver’s license, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration to the investigating officer. Do not confess or say anything about the incident until your lawyer is with you, anything you say might be used against you.
- Get the license number of the other driver involved in the accident.
- Get the plate number of the vehicle/s involved in the incident.
- Report to your insurance company.
Over the course of the past twenty years, safety devices in cars like seatbelts, anti-lock brakes, rollover protection and airbags have drastically improved. Unfortunately, the rates of injuries and wrongful deaths due to motor vehicle collisions continue to rise. Driver distraction and other hazards of the road continue to escalate. Drivers attempt to drive while using their mobile phones, eating, or subjecting themselves to other distractions.
Common Types of Automobile Accidents
These include, but are not limited to:
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Distracted driving (usually texting while driving)
- Wrong-way accidents
- Rear-end wrecks
- Hit-and-run incidents
- Red Light accidents
- Collisions in parking structures and parking lots.
At the Schwaba Law Firm, we are committed to making sure that victims of negligent driving are compensated for their injuries.
Upon accepting a case involving motor vehicle negligence, we investigate the scene and witnesses of the accident immediately. We send investigators to take statements of the witnesses, take pictures of the scene and damage to the vehicles, and secure all evidence available. If you choose to work with us, you will be having experienced and trusted attorneys from our law firms in Michigan or North Carolina.
Contact the Schwaba Law Firm and let us see if we can help you RECOVER.